Candidate should be a mechanical engineering degreed professional with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience. State of Michigan Licensed Professional Engineer preferred; CAD experience necessary; LEED accreditation a plus; BIM experience a plus. This is an open position with immediate availability. The position includes but is not limited to:
- Act as lead project mechanical engineer for the design, development and documentation of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, fire protection and temperature controls systems.
- Provide direction and oversight for assigned project mechanical team members.
- Research and document any required code review for assigned projects.
- Perform product research as required for project development.
- Attend project team coordination meetings and owner review meetings.
- Develop materials for client presentations and review meetings.
- Present mechanical system concepts/designs to clients and/or design review committees.
- Review drawings and specifications as part of our quality management process.
- Develop, review and edit project specifications.
- Review and supervise the review of product shop drawings/submittals.
- Review and respond to requests for information (RFIs).
- Visit project construction sites to review progress and answer contractor questions.
- Develop construction administration field observation reports.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients.
- Assist in the training and development of mechanical staff.
- Assist in developing materials for project interviews.
- Provide feedback to the department director and/or assistant directors on the performance of mechanical design staff.
- Participate in ongoing continuous improvement efforts and identify opportunities to improve quality, efficiency and service. Follow up with improvement implementation.
Integrated Design Solutions is always looking for the best! We’re forever looking to be impressed by service focused, committed to excellence, artistic individuals. Show us why you would make a great addition to our team! Please direct your resume, portfolio or questions to: